The Ticket Agent is responsible for overseeing the daily activities of the Fall River terminal to ensure that it is being properly operated for the safety and security of our passengers. Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain and assure the utmost customer satisfaction possible.
- Assist all passengers with bus information for local bus service and intercity service.
- Manage and record ticket sales.
- Prepare and report proper company documents daily.
- Answer all phone lines.
- Record and deposit company earnings daily for monthly and annual reports.
- Sell and distribute local and intercity tickets including prepaid ticket orders.
May fill in during the week at either Fall River or New Bedford Terminals
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- A general knowledge of local streets in area.
- Knowledgeable of computer software including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to make decisions independently and set priorities.
- Ability to use diplomacy and tact in dealing with the client, peers and subordinates.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Be able to read and write and speak English
- Must have the ability to climb, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl when required.
- Must have good visual ability in order to complete tasks.
- Area may be warm in summer and cold in winter.
Applications must include a valid phone number.
South Coast Transit Management, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $17.00 per hour
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fall River, MA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location