Have you noticed?
SRTA has been working hard to address YOUR needs. In less than two years, SRTA has introduced the following changes:
- Eliminated the zone fare system and implemented a free transfer
- Introduced the Charlie Card and discount passes, including a monthly pass that lasts 31 days from date of first use, rather than expiring at the end of the calendar month
- Implemented Holiday bus service
- Lengthened service on 9 fixed routes to 9:00PM
- Expanded evening and Sunday demand response service
- Built a new Fall River Bus Terminal
- Created new route maps and schedule information
- Launched a new webpage
SRTA is now reviewing existing bus routes as part of a Comprehensive Service Assessment (CSA)
to identify areas for improvement. The goal is service that works for the customer.
Steps in the Comprehensive Service Assessment (CSA):
- Look at the characteristics of the population and employment in the region
and determine how well the service meets the demand for transit.
- Evaluate the performance of the bus routes and the system as a whole.
- Gather input from transit riders, the general public and interested parties.
- Develop guidelines for how service should be designed—i.e. frequency or
defining how late routes should run.
- Evaluate and rank different service scenarios to improve how well the bus
service meets the needs of the area.
Click on the document names below to view/download.
FINAL SRTA Comprehensive Service Assessment – PDF
FINAL SRTA Comprehensive Service Assessment – WORD (accessible)
Ways for you to provide comment on the report:
- Email us! – email@example.com
- Send us a message on Facebook!
- Call us! – (508) 999-5211
- Use our contact form – Contact Us Page